Chocolate Cherry Cordials
Candies & Desserts
- Drain cherries but reserve 1 ¼ cups of the drained cherry liquid in a small saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in ½ cup liqueur (optional). Gently add the cherries to the saucepan and let it soak overnight.
- Remove cherries and place on paper towels to dry. Get them as as dry as possible.
- Mix softened butter and corn syrup in a small bowl. When well mixed stir in sifted confectioners’ sugar.
- Knead mixture until smooth. If mixture is too soft to handle put it in the refrigerator to chill well.
- Shape about ½ teaspoon of the confectioners’ sugar mixture around each cherry.
- Place the coated cherries upright on a heavy weight dipping sheet and place into the refrigerator to chill and firm up.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Do not let the water touch the bottom of the double boiler. Only let the water simmer.
- Do not allow it to boil or you may burn the chocolate.
- Holding cherries by the stem dip one at a time into the chocolate. Be sure to completely seal the cherries otherwise the cherry juice may leak out after the chocolate has set.
- Let excess chocolate drip off cherries and place the dipped cherries stem side up on sheet of parchment paper. Place in the fridge to chill until the chocolate is firm.
- Seal in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.