Vietnamese banh mi sandwiches are known for having a crusty roll that's filled with pickled vegetables, fresh herbs, and, of course, slices of grilled pork. This sandwich is a bit more exotic than a traditional ham and cheese sandwich, but it's easy to make and customize.
- 1 Pound Pork Tenderloin sliced thinly
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (use more if you like it a little more spicy!)
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 4 medium-size soft French rolls Cucumber slices
- Jalapeno slices optional
- Cilantro leaves
- 1 Lime
- 4 ounces shredded carrots
- 1 bunch radishes sliced into thin matchsticks
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 Cup MagicalButter Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce plus more
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Finely Minced Lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon Grated Ginger
- 4 cloves garlic grated
- Pinch black pepper
- Start with making a simple sriracha sauce for the bread. In a large bowl stir together mayo sriracha and chopped green onions. Set aside for topping.
- Slice pork into thin bite size pieces.
- Place a cast-iron skillet high heat and allow it to become very hot; drizzle into the pan about 2 teaspoons of MagicalButter Ghee then working in batches add in some of the pork in an even layer and allow it sear and caramelize on that first side for about 1 minute; flip and caramelize on the other side as well.
- To build the sandwich cut the French Bread in half lengthwise and spread your sriracha mayo on both sides. Sprinkle a few drop of soy sauce over the mayo then add a layer of the pork followed by a generous amount of cilantro leaves pickled veggies jalapenos some cucumber slices and top it off with a fresh squeeze of lime juice. Eat To Treat!
- A traditional Banh Mi Sandwich has a light layer of picked veggies. To make this combine shredded carrots and shredded diakon radishes in a large bowl.
- Add sugar salt rice vinegar and water. Stir to dissolve sugar and then let sit for at least 1 hour. (This is a light pickle so 1 hour is all you need!)
- Make make your pork marinade for the Banh Mi Sandwich start by adding all your marinade ingredients right into the MagicalButter Machine. Place your lid back on and run Blend/Clean. (Run this cycle 2 to 3 times to ensure your marinade is fully blended.
- Pour the contents from the machine into a large baggie. Add your pork to the marinade and allow it to soak for at least 1 hour. (The longer the tastier!)