- 1 lb Cod Fish Fillets (4 fillets)
- All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Himalayan Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Lager Beer
- Canola Oil
- 1 1/2 lbs Russet Potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch wedges
- Season the fish fillets on both sides with salt and pepper and dredge in 2 tablespoons flour. Set aside while you make the batter.
- Add the flour 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper and baking powder to a large shallow bowl.
- While whisking slowly pour in the beer until there are no lumps and it is the thickness of pancake batter.
- To a high-sided heavy pan add the oil to 1/3 full with canola oil and bring up to a temperature of 375°F.
- Place a wire rack on a baking sheet and place in a 275°F oven.
- Coat 1 fish filet in the batter and hold up to drain off excess.
- Submerge the fillet and fry for 4-5 minutes turning halfway until golden brown.
- Drain and put on the wire rack in the oven. Repeat with the other fillets.
- While the fish is in the oven turn down the heat under the oil until the temperature of the oil reaches 350°F.
- Add the chips and fry turning often about 8 minutes until golden brown.Drain and serve with the fish and peas.
- Peel 3-4 russet potatoes and cut into 1 inch wedges.
- Slowly place the sliced potatoes into the same oil and begin to fry them. Let them sit in the oil until you see them slowly turn a golden brown color.
- Once crisp scoop out and sit on a plate lined with paper towel to absorb excess oil.